Saturday, June 20, 2009

Running with Donkeys (revisited)


This hand made absolutely no sense to me. Did the guy call by accident? Hit the wrong button? Or did he think his gutshot was good? I bet the flop with OESD and flush draw, donkey one calls, donkey 2 min-raised with top-top, I shove with my massive draws, then donkey 1 pauses and calls. What was he thinking??? (Usually when that question is asked, then answer is "he wasn't"!) I expected the big stack to fold whatever he had, and the short stack to call with his overpair or top-top (or even AK/AQ).

Funny part (aside from an all-in gutshot call), was the poker chat from the short stack with top-top. He doesn't seem to understand that I had a 50% chance of winning the hand, aside from the folding equity of shoving against him and representing two pair or a set. But maybe I'm wrong. Don't think so tho:

(Result for Hand 1489874644)
KODIAKZERO wins ($219.00) with (Straight, five to nine).
ACEMYNAME: nhs, LOL
KODIAKZERO: thx
ACEMYNAME: i was joking. horrible flop bets
KODIAKZERO: ok
ACEMYNAME: both of you deserved to lose that
ACEMYNAME: but that's poker
KODIAKZERO: what did you fold? AK?
ACEMYNAME: AJ, glad i got out, but still
ACEMYNAME: had flop top pair
KODIAKZERO: then don't complain
(Result for Hand 1489876101)
KODIAKZERO wins ($58.00) with (Flush, ace high).
You've been awarded 3 Absolute Points + 1 FAME Status Point.
ACEMYNAME: i ain't complaining. just calling an idiot an idiot, ha
KODIAKZERO: just fold and shut it
ACEMYNAME: i played mine right, did you?
KODIAKZERO: if you thought my play was bad, then you don't know jack
KODIAKZERO: about poker
ACEMYNAME: lol, you almost lost!
(Result for Hand 1489878518)
DHOUSE wins ($12.35 chips).
ACEMYNAME: ther'es a difference between losing and folding
KODIAKZERO: save it for your book
(Result for Hand 1489879810)
WASA636 wins ($28.05) with (Straight, six to ten).
ACEMYNAME: "in memory of kodiakzero" i'll be sure to give a shoutout
KODIAKZERO: thx
(Result for Hand 1489881036)
KODIAKZERO wins ($2.40 chips).
You've been awarded 3 Absolute Points + 1 FAME Status Point.
KODIAKZERO: send me a copy
ACEMYNAME: cools!



On the other table, a 50PLO 6 max, I lost half stack to another donkey that takes the worst of it, only this one consistently sucks out. In this hand, I figured the guy for a big overpair like KKxx or AAxx, so when he bet pot into me when I flopped 3 pair, I figured I was good (as long as the board doesn't pair against me). Instead of folding (which I admit, would be very un-donkeylike), he calls my pot raise for most of his stack and turns his two outer. Sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment