Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Omaha Wrap Shove

The action on this $1 PLO 6 max table was really dying off, so when I limped and bet the unraised pot flopping top set queens, and the guy on right checkraised the pot at me, I figured he must have a lesser set, given that there was no flush draw and any str8 draws would be way behind. So instead of flat calling I reraised the pot, and called when he shoved with his wrap draw.
I miscounted the first time I looked at this replay. Rather than the normal 8 outs with a wrap draw, holding the ace gave him a total of 13 outs. A wrap and flush draw give you got 15 outs for about a 50-50 shot from the flop, so he had slightly less than 50%, but close. Much better than a one-third shot with just a wrap. That's a very big point to remember in Omaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment