Monday, November 16, 2009

Donkey King Kong (me)


I usually don't reraise preflop with 58off, but when I posted the cut-off and the only pf player was the min-raiser to my right, I read weakness (he held ace-ten off), and reraised to 10xbb. Unfortunately, the small blind min-reraised with pocket kings, and normally I'd snapfold, but when the original min-raiser called, I decided to take a flyer and call too. The 589 rainbow flop was beautiful; they check to me, I tiny bet $5, both call. The turned ace should've scared off the short stack kings, but he bets all in into the aces, aces flat calls, I shove for $30, aces calls and I collect a $110 highly-undeserved pot. I'll take it. My preflop read on ace-ten was on, but when a guy min-raises late, he's probably a calling station, so I would've had to bluff big flopping air. Hell, he still might have called. And it's that secondary read that paid off over time.

I took him out when I made a monster call (ok, it was him), 50-plus hands later when he bet all in $37+ into a $42 pot rivering aces vs my aces up, with 3 diamonds showing on the turn. I called (I really didn't think he had the flush or the str8), and finally popped him. Sweet victory. Nothing like waiting around on a table for one fish, then you finally reel him in (or he just jumps in your boat, like here).

No comments:

Post a Comment