Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Big Fold (well, not for PLO)


On two other 50c PLO tables I was up almost $150 in about 20 minutes. On this table I was getting the worst of the deck, but instead of tilting off my stack, I kept cool and made a big fold here, flopping 4s full of queens with a guy betting the raised pot into me. I called his $10 bet on the flop after considering raising, but when he bet pot $30+ into me on a turned blank 7, I had to reevaluate. The best hand I could put him on was QQ4x, where he had top boat and no worries about quads (rare even in Omaha, but still worth considering). And betting the pot into me in a game where some players only play the nuts, I had no choice but to fold (without more info about the player, other than the fact that he's up at least one buyin). Sucks to lay down a flopped boat, but you're not in Texas anymore, Dorothy. This is Omaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment