Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How to play top set flopped against PLO draws


This hand perfectly exemplifies how to play flopped top set (nuts), against flush and OESD's: when the guy bets the unraised pot, you call. You don't raise, you don't shove, you don't bet the pot - you just call. In Texas Hold'em, you do the opposite - you shove every chip you can into the pot on the flop. But in Omaha, as this hand illustrates, I was actually behind in the hand - he had a better chance of winning from the flop than I did. So, I call his pot semi-bluff (which maybe, you can't even really call it a semi-bluff), take a look at the turn (which completed one of his draws), smooth call his value bet to try and fill up on the river, and then he gives me a chance to bluff at it. I think he should've made a small value bet, almost a begging bet, which I might have donate-called anyways, but maybe he gets a raise from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment