Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ka-POW!!


I played on this one table just because CJMunny was still burning chips like they were subprime mortgages. I outplayed him on a couple of hands, checkraising him all in with only 2nd pair. He literally donked off hundreds of dollars; I can count at least $500 across 3 or 4 reloads since I got on the table (and I joined because of the attractive table stats, most likely due to him). So I waited until this hand, when I flopped 2nd set vs two players, both with top pair aces. CJMunny had the worst of it with a six kicker and no draw, and the other poor sap turned top two pair aces & kings. I checked the turn and CJ instabets $77, most of his stack, guy 3 snap calls all in (as would anyone, esp. against CJ), and I checkraise CJ - he pauses to think, then decides that $15 more into a $300 pot is a good call (if the $77 wasn't a good bet, $15 more is certainly a good call). The case ace stays home on the river (as does his cowboy cohorts), and this little piggy took the $320 pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment