Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fireworks from the Sidelines

Not much action for me, but I watched two ridiculous hands tonight. The first involved a 50c PLO hand with a guy all in with 6688s vs AATT vs KKxxs, and he hits a flush for $135. In the second, a donkey limp-calls in late position with ace deuce offsuit vs a 7x QQ raise from the blinds, flops the wheel and doubles up.

The best hole cards I got was KK, I raised 4x pf, a limp-caller with T7s hits an A77 flop. We check it, I raise small on turn, and we check river.

My latest poker quip: "Trying to get a hand in hold'em is like trying to get a drink in the desert. Trying to get a hand in Omaha is like trying to get a drink from the ocean." Well, at least it made sense after a few beers.

I lost a chunk with a misread here. I put the guy on AQ/AK, not AJ, when he checked the flop and bet the turn (put him on bluff). I should've folded the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment