Monday, May 18, 2009

Stayin Alive

I took first in an eight-handed home game last Thursday, played well, and then busted out early in the second game. I always have trouble gearing down once I'm in an aggressive short-handed tourney finale. So I went home and donked off over $150 on AP to continue the downward streak. I played okay until this hand of $1/2 PLO, where a guy bet $67 on the river with AAxx, I called with QQxx on a board of 888xx. I check-called a raised pot bet with 4th nuts. Horrible, horrible, horrible. This hand set off the donk run where I busted out of PLO and overplayed half my stack in NLHE.

I finally bought back in to FullTilt tonight, and was doing ok until I rivered the nut flush as the board paired. That cost me most of my stack of $50. I made it up on this table with some guy named "tony fagundo", who would play any two cards preflop raise or no, would chase down hands and then bet the pot when he hit. I watched him burn through about $150 from his peak.

After a horrible run at 50c PLO on AP, I switched over to 9 seat 50c nlhe on FT. Lost a chunk of change here with QQ up against KK. I felt dominated and played it out anyways. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment